Algerian Spicy Fish Kebabs
What's the big idea?
Fantastic, very easy to prepare kebabs - ideal to get any dinner party started, especially an Algerian-themed one, although probably just as appropriate for Morocco or Tunisia.
The choice of fish is up to you - anything that is firm and meaty and likely to stay in one piece once threaded onto skewers. Swordfish is great, but tuna steaks work very well too.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1lb tuna or swordfish steaks
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon each of salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Kebab skewers
- Green salad and lemon wedges to serve
- Cut your fish into 1 inch cubes
- Mix the marinade, by blending together the garlic, onion, fresh coriander, red chillies, paprika, salt, black pepper and turmeric
- Mix the fish into the marinade in a glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least six hours - the day before is great!
- Thread the fish pieces onto kebab skewers
- Grill until cooked - if the grill is pre-heated this should only take about 5 minutes each side
- Baste with remaining marinade while cooking to prevent the fish from becoming too dry
- Serve with a green salad and lemon wedges
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com