Zom - Cameroon Beef & Spinach Stew
What's the big idea?
A rich hearty one-pot meal, flavoured with peanut and tomato.
Serve with plain boiled rice.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1½ lbs stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1½ lbs fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the beef in a large saucepan or casserole which can be used on the hob. Add enough water to cover
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 1½ hours. Remove the meat and keep the liquid
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil and fry the onion for 5 minutes
- Add the meat and fry for 5 minutes. Add about 200ml of the water that the beef had been cooking in
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for half an hour
- Add more water if needed, and stir regularly
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com