Cameroon Banana Bread
What's the big idea?
Delicious loaf-type cake that can be eaten on its own, or spread with honey. My kids love it warm with custard!
Here's the list of what you need, and if you click the link on the right, the nice people at Tesco will deliver it for you!
What To Do
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3oz white sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 8oz plain white flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-4 (depending on size) ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter (or margarine) and sugar
- Gradually mix in the eggs, a little at a time
- Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt, and bananas to form a creamy smooth batter
- Grease a loaf tin and pour in the batter. Bake for an hour, or until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for ¼ of an hour before serving
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com