Libyan Rice with Nuts & Dates
What's The Big Idea?
Although couscous is universally popular throughout North Africa, the Libyans eat more rice than most of their neighbours, so we decided to include a Libyan rice recipe here.
As with many recipes from the region, it blends sweet and savoury ingredients together. The sweetness comes in part from the dates, which are another of Libya's favourite foodstuffs!
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 10oz Basmati rice
- 3oz dates, stoned and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons smen, butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, and cook the rice until just cooked. Drain
- Mix in the remaining ingredients except the parsley, cover, and leave to rest for 5 minutes
- Serve, sprinkled with chopped parsley
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com