Spicy Nigerian Minced Meat Kebabs:
What's the big idea?
Tsiren Dakakken Nama
Similar to kofta kebabs in many ways, these make great starters served with a small green salad, or can be part of a buffet style meal, or even a main course served with rice and vegetbales.
Simple to make, and can be cooked under a grill or on a barbecue, although I find grilling easier, especially if they start coming apart....
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1lb lean minced beef
- ½ - 1 teaspoon crushed dried chillies (adjust to your taste)
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint (this is more of a middle-eastern "kofta"-style flavouring - omit if you wish)
- ½ - 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (adjust to your taste)
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Place all the ingredients except the oil in a suitable bowl. Mix well
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour - longer does no harm
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the grill or barbecue
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a sausage, approx 5cm long
- Squeeze each "sausage" firmly to make it as compact as possible
- Thread onto skewers, squeezing again to try to keep them compact/intact
- Brush with vegetable oil and grill/barbecue for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com