Nigerian Beef Kebabs in Spicy Peanut Marinade:
What's the big idea?
Very similar to another Nigerian recipe called Suya, which apparently translates into English as the not-very-glamorous-sounding "meat on a stick". In fact, they may be the same dish
under different names - if anyone knows, please get in touch, as we'd be interested to find out ourselves.
The secret to success apparently lies in cutting the meat into very thin long strips, so that they absorb plenty of flavour from the marinade and cook quickly.
Great as a starter with a green salad, or can be part of a buffet style meal, or even a main course served with rice and vegetbales.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1lb lean steak, cut into very thin long strips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Place all the ingredients except the meat in a suitable bowl. Mix well
- Rub the marinade mixture into the meat strips, making sure each is really well coated
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours - longer does no harm!
- When ready to cook, thread the meat strips "concertina-style" onto skewers, but don't bunch the meat up too much
- Grill or barbecue for about 15 minutes, turning only occasionally
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com