What's The Big Idea?
Sudanese Semolina Cake
By all accounts, creme caramel - or variations on it - is by far the favourite dessert in Sudan. Sliced fruit is also popular.
As an alternative, this cake works well, either after a main meal, or as a snack with strong black coffee.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 400g semolina
- 3 tablespoons margarine or unsalted butter
- 500ml natural yoghurt
- 335g caster sugar
- 40g dessicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Cream together the semolina and margarine in a bowl
- Mix in the yoghurt, 225g caster sugar, the coconut and baking powder
- Pour into a deep baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven. Remove and allow to cool
- Meanwhile, dissolve the remaining caster sugar in 470ml boiling water in a saucepan. Add the lemon juice
- Boil until slightly thickened. Pour over the cake. Allow to cool
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com