Pollo Rio Negro
What's the big idea?
It would be wrong to call this a chicken casserole, as there is very little liquid or sauce with it. The interesting combination of fresh fruity flavours and rich herbs and vegetables
makes this well worth a try. Serve with boiled or roast potatoes.
NB: This dish is best prepared the day before, to allow time for marination.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- About 2kg chicken pieces - breasts, drumsticks, thighs - up to you!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons apple juice
- Wash the chicken, rub in the lemon juice and season well with salt and black pepper
- Place in a glass baking dish and add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary and wine
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 24 hours
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Place the baking dish, still covered with the foil, in the oven and bake for one hour
- Meanwhile, grate the apple and mix with the sugar and apple juice
- Remove the foil from the baking dish. Pour the apple mixture over the chicken
- Return to the oven and continue cooking - uncovered - for 20 minutes
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com