Brazilian Kale & Mango Salad
What's the big idea?
This salad is an unusual talking point if you're having a Brazilian dinner party or barbecue; it's very tasty and has a great combination of flavours and textures.
Here's the list of what you need:
- 1 bunch kale, chopped*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Flesh of 1 mango, chopped
- 1oz Pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
* If kale isn't in season (or you just don't fancy it), you can substitute crisp lettuce or other salad leaves - just omit the "wilting" stage.
What To Do
- Wash the kale and chop
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and fry the kale for 3-4 minutes, or until it has wilted a bit
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, chopped mango, and pine nuts
- Toss them together and add the rest of the olive oil, the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste
- Chill until ready to serve. Toss the salad one more time and serve
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com