Costa Rican Potatoes with Chorizo Sausage:
What's The Big Idea?
Papas con Chorizo
This recipe clearly shows the Spanish influence on Costa Rican cuisine - I could quite easily imagine this dish being served in a tapas bar in Spain.
It may not be authentic, but I like to use sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes in this recipe, or you could try half and half.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 4 large potatoes (or sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into 1 inch square pieces
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Peel the skin from the chorizo and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Heat a large frying pan and add the chorizo. Cook over a high-medium heat for 15 minutes - you will not need to add any extra oil for frying
- Add the potatoes/sweet potatoes, paprika, salt, and Worcestershire sauce
- Cook for 45 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally
- Serve with rice and a green salad
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com