Mexican Chilli Bean Tacos
What's The Big Idea?
Quite a versatile "base recipe" for a taco filling. You could also use for tortillas. This version is vegetarian, but you can add some left-over fried or roast chicken, or some prawns if you wish.
You can cut down the calories by reducing the amount of cheese and sour cream, and alter the "heat" by adjustiing the quantity of chillies to your taste.
Either serve made up into finished tacos, as described below, or allow people to make up their own - the children love doing this bit!
Our Rating (1 - 5):
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (deseeded if you want to reduce the heat)
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 x 400g tin mixed beans, drained
- 2 oz baby sweetcorn, roughly chopped
- 12 taco shells
- 4-6 tablespoons sour cream
- 3-4 crisp lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the chilli, paprika, coriander and cumin and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Stir in the courgette and sweet corn. Fry for a further 2-3 minutes
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and mixed beans. Simmer for 6-8 minutes until thickened slightly
- Divide the shredded lettuce between the taco shells, then spoon in the bean mixture
- Top with sour cream and cheese
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com