American BBQ Garlic Shrimp (Prawns)
What's the big idea?
This recipe will work if you're barbecueing, but works just as well if you're not.
I've "translated" some of it into "UK English", e.g. "shrimp" = prawns, and used the more usual UK measurements.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 2lbs large prawns (shrimp) - peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- Black pepper to taste
- Either barbecue or grill the prawns (shrimp) until just cooked
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, garlic and black pepper
- Heat a large skillet (frying pan) or wok over high heat until piping hot. Add the sauce and bring to the boil
- Add the prawns (shrimp) and cook until warmed through thoroughly. Be careful not to overcook
- Serve at once with sauce, and fresh bread on the side
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com