Baltimore Crab Cakes
What's the big idea?
Baltimore on the Atlantic Coast of the USA is well-known for its seafood, and this recipe is one of the city's "signature dishes".
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot chilli sauce
- 1lb crab meat
- 20 low fat cream crackers, finely crushed
- 3-4 tablespoons corn oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and chilli sauce until smooth
- In another bowl, lightly mix the crabmeat with the cracker crumbs. Gently fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour*
- Form the crab mixture into eight equal cakes, about 1 - 1½ inches thick
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil. Add the crab cakes and cook over a moderately high heat until deeply golden and heated through, about 3-5 minutes per side
- Serve the crab cakes with lemon wedges
* If you want to do the preparation up to this point the day before and leave the crab mixture overnight in the refrigerator, that works!
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com