American Southern Fried Chicken
What's the big idea?
There are hundreds of recipes for Southern Fried or Kentucky Fried Chicken. We may add a few more in time,
as nothing is more tasty or tempting than a big bowl of southern fried chicken pieces and a huge selection of side dishes to choose from!
Southern fried chicken can be deep-fried, shallow-fried, or (as in this case) "oven fried". Because of the cooking method and the use of skin-less chicken pieces,
this will be one of the healthiest fried chicken recipes you will find.
Serve with side orders of baked beans, green salad, potato wedges, tortilla chips, Jalapeno Poppers and sauces and dips of your choosing.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 3 fl oz milk
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2½oz plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2oz crushed cornflakes
- Place the milk and chicken pieces in a plastic bag, seal and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 365F/185C
- Meanwhile, lightly oil a baking tray with a little vegetable oil
- Mix the flour, salt, cayenne and black pepper together in a bowl. Place the crushed cornflakes in a separate bowl
- Coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, and then dip them in the corn flakes
- Place the coated chicken breasts on the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 20 minutes