What's The Big Idea?
I'm sure "pasties" isn't the perfect translation of the Arabic word for these, but I'm not sure what is, and for me "pasties" gives a pretty good idea of what these are.
They're similar to Argentinian Empanadas, if that helps...
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 420g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 190ml luke warm water
- 750 g minced beef
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 chicken stock cubes, dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- Oil for deep frying
- Sift the flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the salt, ghee and egg
- Rub the flour with your fingertips adding the water a little at a time, mixing thoroughly to form homogenous dough
- Divide the dough into 4 portions. Cover and set aside for 1 hour
- Meanwhile, combine the minced meat with the onion, black pepper and the stock. Mix well and set aside
- Roll out each piece of dough. Cut the dough into circles approx 15cm in diameter. Place a tablespoon of the meat mixture in the center of each circle, fold over and seal the edges by twisting them together
- Heat the oil to 180C, and then deep fry the pasties until golden brown. Serve hot
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com