Emirati Barbecued Red Snapper
What's The Big Idea?
Given the miles of Gulf coastline their country enjoys, it is no surprise that the people of the United Arab Emirates are partial to fish and seafood. This ia a fairly typical dish, of red snapper
stuffed with herbs and spices and then grilled or barbecued.
Serve with basmati rice, lemon wedges and a green side salad.
Here's the list of what you need:
- Red snapper (quantity will depend on size of fish, but ideally one small-medium fish per person)*
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
* Ask your fishmonger to gut the fish for you, but leave the head and tail on
What To Do
- Mix together all the ingredients apart from the fish in a non-metallic bowl
- Stuff the fish with this mixture
- Either sew the fish up with cooking twine, or use cocktail sticks to secure them, stopping the stuffing from falling out as much as possible
- Cook on a barbecue or under a grill on a low heat until the fish is cooked through, turning as little as possible
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com