Milanese Chicken in Mushroom & Ham Sauce:
What's the big idea?
La Piccata Milanese
Fried slices of chicken in a gravy enriched with ham and mushrooms - simple but extremely tasty!
Try to use pancetta or Italian ham if you can get it, and more unusual flavoursome mushroom varieties such as portabella or chestnut.
Serve simply with boiled or mashed potatoes and a green vegetable of your choice.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 4 chicken breasts, cut lengthways into 1 inch wide strips
- 4oz of pancetta or Italian ham, shredded
- Flour for dusting
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tabelspoon butter
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced (see above)
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2oz grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- ½ pint chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle the chicken slices with a little salt and dust with flour. Dip into beaten eggs and then Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken slices until golden brown all over. Remove from pan
- Add the mushrooms and ham to the same pan and fry until soft
- Put the chicken slices back in the pan and add the the butter, then the stock
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is smooth
- Remove chicken from the pan, and serve with the sauce poured over. Finally, sprinkle with chopped parsley
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com