Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken - Milder Version
What's the big idea?
I've always loved Piri Piri Chicken, and have been cooking the Angolan version for years.
This isn't so far removed as to be a completely different recipe; the basic oil/lemon juice/chilli combination is still there, but this one has a little more interest and depth to the flavour.
Do half and half, and see which you prefer! Or try the spicier Portuguese recipe as well!
Remember to allow plenty of time for marinating.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime or lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2lbs chicken pieces
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade, and rub it into the chicken
- Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least four hours, longer if possible
- Place the chicken under a medium grill or on a barbecue and let it cook, turning occasionally and basting with any remaining marinade, until cooked through
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com