Romanian Chicken Kebabs:
What's the big idea?
A popular Romanian street food or barbecue recipe, there are many variations; you can replace the chicken with pork or beef, and sometimes you will find frigarui with small pieces of bacon
and/or vegetables such as mushrooms, peppers or tomatoes threaded onto the skewers in between the chicken pieces. Whatever variation you opt for, they are incredibly simple to prepare, as
long as you remember to leave time for marination.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 1oz mixed chopped herbs (fresh - e.g. thyme, rosemary, parsley), or ½ tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3oz plain yogurt
- Mix together all the ingredients in a glass bowl. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate overnight (or for a minimum of three hours)
- Heat your grill or barbecue. Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers*. Grill or barbecue the chicken kebabs for about 10-15 minutes or until cooked through
* If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about an hour beforehand so they don't catch fire on the grill.
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com