Russian Chicken Kiev
What's The Big Idea?
A classic Franco-Russian dish of breaded chicken stuffed with herby garlic butter.
Serve with rice and a salad.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 4 x 175g chicken breasts, skin removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 230g butter, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 10-12 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6
- Make a slice in the middle of each chicken breast to make a pocket using a sharp knife
- Mix the garlic, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper, tarragon and butter in a bowl. Stuff this mixture into the pockets in the chicken breasts
- Coat the chicken breasts with flour, then dip into the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs to coat completely, shaking off any excess
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken breasts on all sides until lightly browned
- Transfer to a shallow casserole dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden-brown and completely cooked through
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com