Russian Baked Fish
What's The Big Idea?
Very simple but tasty dish of fish baked with potatoes in a sour cream and cheese sauce.
Serve with a green salad, or green vegetables of your choice.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1lb firm white fish fillets, e.g.cod - cat-fish is traditional
- 4 large potatoes
- 4oz sour cream
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 oz cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 165C / 325F
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large pieces. Cook in boiling salted water until just cooked. Cut into 1cm thick slices
- Grease a large oven-proof cassserole dish. Place the fish fillets in the middle, and surround and cover with sliced potatoes
- Sprinkle with salt. Mix the sour cream with the oil and flour thoroughly and pour over the potatoes
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com