Scottish Rhubarb & Oatmeal Crumble
What's The Big Idea?
This is a good old fashioned traditional pudding - if you don't like rhubarb, you can substitute apples, pears, blackberries, plums, or a combination of these fruits.
Serve with custard, cream or ice cream - up to you!
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1lb rhubarb (or other fruit)
- 2oz granulated sugar
- A squeeze of lemon
- 2oz plain flour
- 1oz coarse oatmeal
- 2oz brown sugar
- 2oz butter or margarine - softened
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F / 200c / Gas 6
- Place the fruit in a saucepan with the granulated sugar, 3-4 tablespoons of water and lemon juice and heat until it is soft but not mushy
- Place in a deep pie dish
- Mix togeter the plain flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and butter or margarine
- Sprinkle evenly over the fruit. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the crumble is brown and crunchy
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com