Slovakian Honey Cookies:
What's The Big Idea?
Traditional Slovakian cookies, which are sold in a huge variety of different shapes and decorated with all sorts of extra ingredients. This is the "basic" recipe, so
feel free to experiment with extra ingredients or decorations.
Please remember to allow for the fact that the dough needs to be made the day before the cookies are cooked!
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1¼lb plain flour
- 2oz unsalted butter
- ¾lb dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- 9oz honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavouring
- 1 additional egg, beaten
- Chocolate chips or flaked almonds to decorate (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, butter, sugar and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and honey thoroughly, and then mix well into the flour mixture
- Cover and leave in refrigerator overnight
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F/200C
- Roll the dough out until it is about ¼ of an inch thick, and cut into cookies with a cutter
- Brush with a little beaten egg, and decorate with flaked almonds or chocolate chips
- Place on greased baking sheets, and bake in hot oven for about 7 minutes
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com