What's the big idea?
(Xampinyons en Salsa)
The local wild mushrooms are extremely popular in Catalonia, and this dish is a traditional way in which to serve them, ideally with big chunks of fresh crusty bread.
Please note that the mushrooms need to be chilled after cooking, so it is best to cook them the day before you plan to serve them.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 4 tablespoons amontillado sherry
- 2 cloves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1lb button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes
- Add the tomato purée, sherry, 4 tablespoons of water, cloves, salt and pepper
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water if needed
- Clean the mushrooms and add them (whole) to the pan. Cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool (still covered)
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight
- Serve cold, sprinkled with parsley
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com