What's the big idea?
This classic Spanish soup is served cold (you knew that already, right?!), and is extremely refreshing and healthy.
It's very simple to prepare, but of course because it needs to be chilled before serving, you need to remember to allow time for this.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 3lb tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the bread in a little water for a few minutes, then squeeze to remove excess water
- Place tomatoes, cucumbers, bread, green peppers, onion and garlic in a blender. This may need to be done in more than one "batch"
- Pour into a large non-metallic bowl and add the oil and vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for several hours
- Serve cold in individual bowls, sprinkled with parsley