Spanish Barbecued Lamb
What's the big idea?
Simple, delicately flavoured lamb makes a refreshing change from standard barbecue offerings.
Serve as part of a buffet-style barbecue event, or on its own with rice and a green side salad.
Remember to allow time for marinating.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 4 large lamb chops
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6oz butter
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place a layer of mint leaves in the bottom of a shallow dish
- Rub the lamb chops with salt, black pepper and mustard. Place on top of the mint leaves
- Cover the chops with the chopped onion and more mint. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and a little chopped fresh mint. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then set aside
- Remove the lamb from the dish and remove any mint leaves from it
- Cook on the barbecue for 6-8 minutes each side, brushing regularly with the garlic butter during cooking
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com