Classic Swiss Cheese Fondue Recipe
What's The Big Idea?
A fondue is a fun way to throw a Swiss sporting party. Essentially there's a central pot of hot cheese, broth, oil or chocolate, into which various tasty morsels are dipped!
This is one of many variations on the cheese fondue idea.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1 clove of garlic, cut in half
- ½ pint white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8oz emmental cheese, grated
- 8oz gruyère cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Cubed bread pieces, for dipping
- Rub the garlic pieces round the inside of the fondue pot
- Pour the wine and lemon juice into the pot and heat until boiling
- Reduce the heat and gradually stir in the cheeses until melted, stirring constantly
- Blend the cornflour with a little water. Add to the cheese mixture and cook gently until the mixture is smooth - do not let it boil
- To serve, dip the bread cubes into the cheese using the fondue prongs/forks
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com