Alternative Cheese & Beer Fondue Recipe
What's The Big Idea?
A fondue is a fun way to throw a Swiss sporting party. Essentially there's a central pot of hot cheese, broth, oil or chocolate, into which various tasty morsels are dipped!
This is one of many variations on the cheese fondue idea.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 bottle (350ml) Swiss or German Lager
- 12oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cubed bread pieces, for dipping
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Gradually stir in the flour, Worcestershire sauce and mustard
- Next, gradually stir in beer. Continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat
- Add the grated cheese, and continue cooking and stirring until it has melted
- Transfer to the fondue pot over a low heat
- To serve, dip the bread cubes into the cheese using the fondue prongs/forks
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com