Blue Cheese Fondue Recipe
What's The Big Idea?
A fondue is a fun way to throw a Swiss sporting party. Essentially there's a central pot of hot cheese, broth, oil or chocolate, into which various tasty morsels are dipped!
This is one of many variations on the cheese fondue idea.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 400ml double cream
- 8oz blue cheese, such as Cambozola
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cubed bread pieces, for dipping
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Fry the thyme and garlic for 2-3 minutes
- Add the cream, increase the heat slightly, and bring the cream to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring well
- Lower the heat to maintain a slow simmer. Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth
- Add the pepper and transfer to the fondue pot over a low heat
- To serve, dip the bread cubes into the cheese using the fondue prongs/forks
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com