Basque Smoked Fish & Fruit Tapas
What's the big idea?
Tapas dishes aren't meals in themselves - the idea is to keep bringing out various different tapas over the course of the evening for people to eat as they're drinking (and enjoying the game!).
In common with many dishes from the Basque region and Catalonia, this combines ingredients that other people might not think to try together, in this case smoked fish with fruit. Give it a go - it's actually great!
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 7oz smoked salmon
- 7oz smoked trout
- 7oz smoked mackerel
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 green grapes, halved and deseeded
- 6 red grapes, halved and deseeded
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 8oz strawberries or raspberries
- 6 green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 lemons, cut into quarters
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 wooden/bamboo skewers
- Cut the fish into 1 inch /2.5cm pieces
- Thread everything - folding where necessary - onto the skewers, alternating with fish, fruit, tomatoes and olives
- Season with black pepper and serve with lemon wedges
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com