Spanish Fried Potatoes in Sauce - Patatas bravas
What's the big idea?
Tapas dishes aren't meals in themselves - the idea is to keep bringing out various different tapas over the course of the evening for people to eat as they're drinking (and enjoying the game!).
This is a classic tapas recipe. It needs to be served as quickly as possible once the potatoes are ready, so that they do not lose their crispiness.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ tablespoons paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon tabasco sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 fl oz tomato ketchup
- 4 fl oz mayonnaise
- In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and stir in the tabasco, thyme and paprika
- Trasfer to a bowl and stir in the mayonnaise and tomato ketchup. Season well with salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the remaining oil and fry the potatoes
- Fry, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy
- Dry the potatoes on kitchen paper, season if needed, and mix in with the sauce
- Serve immediately
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com