Australian Stir-fried Ostrich Steak with Chilli
What's the big idea?
This is more of an Asian influenced dish, without being too authentic.
Ostrich and Emu steaks may not be widely available in all regions outside Australia, so if you can't get them, feel free to substitute other steaks or meat of your choice.
Serve with boiled rice or noodles and steamed mangetout.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1lb prime emu or ostrich steak (or other meat of your choice), very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 10oz green beans, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Heat the oil in a wok. Fry the chilli, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes
- Add the meat and continue to stir fry for a further 2 minutes
- Add the beans and continue to stir fry for a further 4 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring well to mix thoroughly, for a couple of minutes
- Serve immediately
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com