Australian Chocolate Chip Oat Slices
What's the big idea?
These to me are basically flapjacks, but the use of brown sugar and coconut, plus olive oil, milk and eggs instead of butter, gives them a somewhat different flavour.
Whatever you call them, these make a tasty end to a meal, or mid-morning snack. My kids love them in their school packed lunches!
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 20oz oats
- 6oz dessicated coconut
- 8oz chocolate chips (dark, milk or white chocolate - up to you!)
- 6oz soft brown sugar
- 6oz plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 8fl oz milk
- 10fl oz olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
- Grease and line an 8x12 inch rectangular tin
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, chocolate chips and sugar
- Sift in the flour and baking powder
- Whisk together the oil, milk and eggs. Add to the oat mixture and mix in well
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Press down with the back of the spoon, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes, and then lift out onto a wire rack. Allow to cool
- Cut into suitable pieces
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com