New Zealand Pan-Fried Scallops wrapped in Bacon with Wasabi Dip
What's the big idea?
Great example of New Zealand cuisine - simple, fresh local produce, but with an Asian "twist" in the form of the wasabi paste dip.
If you don't have an Asian grocer near you, Japanese
is available online. Failing that, horseradish could be used as an alternative.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 12 rashers of streaky bacon, each one cut in half
- 24 scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1½ cups aioli or garlic mayonnaise
- Wrap the scallops in the bacon and secure with toothpicks or cocktail sticks. Refrigerate until ready to cook
- Mix the aioli or garlic mayonnaise with the wasabi in a bowl. Set aside
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook scallops for 2 minutes each side, or until cooked
- Serve hot with the wasabi dip
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com